Saturday, July 11, 2009

Goodbye old friend (sniff!)


Well, it's finally time to say goodbye to an old friend (actually, a pair of them).

My Dad gave me these shoes I don't know how many years ago. They didn't fit him any more, and they were just right for me. Over the years I have broken them in such that they felt like they were a part of me.

They were simple shoes - the leather wasn't fancy and shiny; the stitching was simple and bold. But it was very convenient to just slip them on (with or without socks, and if you know me, I never wear shoes without socks). When I was feeling especially lazy, I would even wear them to work!

The soles have finally cracked through (I was wondering why my feet got wet very quickly when it rained); the sides have split out; I was on my 2nd insole, and it was fading fast.

So I went to Wal-Mart to look for a replacement. I got a pair of canvas shoes, since I didn't find anything like my old friends. It won't be the same, but then it never is, right?

(sniff).

No comments:

Four Years Ago...And turning to Homesteading

Yep, four years since blogging was in my priorities. It's amazing how life is like a book. One chapter begins and before you know it, it...