Jacob is a Wolf Scout in the Cub Scout program, and one of the requirements he has for a conservation award is to make a birdhouse.
Well, Saturday was the day for Dad to get in gear! Since power tools are involved, so is Dad. I operated the saw and the drill; Jacob operated the glue and the hammer. Together we made the birdhouse seen above.
I had some wood in the garage that we used, and I just "eyeballed" the design. It was simple enough, even with the slanted cuts, that it worked out great! I usually don't have such luck...
The lid is hinged for easy clean-out, and slanted to keep the rain off. The perch was Jacob's idea.
We had to let the glue dry, then we will put it outside. Don't know if it will be occupied this year, but it'll be ready for the spring!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Four Years Ago...And turning to Homesteading
Yep, four years since blogging was in my priorities. It's amazing how life is like a book. One chapter begins and before you know it, it...
-
Yep, four years since blogging was in my priorities. It's amazing how life is like a book. One chapter begins and before you know it, it...
-
I received a 15 % off gift card from Kohl's a couple of days ago. I have been wanting a new spring skirt. So, I thought, "Wonderf...
-
A couple of days ago, I bought some shredded coleslaw to use in my salads as I am trying to eat healthier and loose some weight (always the ...


No comments:
Post a Comment