I have heard many say they don't have time for coupons. I have heard many say coupons don't help them much. Now that the economy has soured, I have heard some say, "I used coupons and can't believe how much I saved". Yep.
Today, Steven went shopping. I wish I could say that all of the items that he were on his list were bought with coupons. But I can say that about a quarter of what was on the list was bought with sales, coupons, or a combo of each. Steven was able to even buy national brands because he had a coupon and it was cheaper. Yes!
Not only are the coupons from your newspaper helpful, the coupons from on-line, sales from drug stores along with their sales, and using the savings programs or the booklets at some of the drug stores will save you a bundle.
A couple of weeks ago, I was able to save over half on my acne medicine. It was on sale from $7.29 to $4.99. Wow! But in the drug stores monthly coupon booklet, I was able to use their $2.00 coupon which brought the acne medicine (national brand) to $2.99. Yes, I went back each day and had Steven tackle another of the drug store in another town. I got 3 for the price of 1. Awesome! Ya just gotta look and keep your eyes open.
I won't say I am a queen at savings. I have a friend who saves so much and gets credits and such. I know she could make a mint if she put her knowledge into a business. But her secret is sealed. I admire her!
With the use of the sales and coupons, Steven was able to save $18 today. My goal next week is to beat that.
Happy Couponing!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Four Years Ago...And turning to Homesteading
Yep, four years since blogging was in my priorities. It's amazing how life is like a book. One chapter begins and before you know it, it...
-
Yep, four years since blogging was in my priorities. It's amazing how life is like a book. One chapter begins and before you know it, it...
-
I received a 15 % off gift card from Kohl's a couple of days ago. I have been wanting a new spring skirt. So, I thought, "Wonderf...
-
A couple of days ago, I bought some shredded coleslaw to use in my salads as I am trying to eat healthier and loose some weight (always the ...
No comments:
Post a Comment