Friday, March 20, 2009
Spring Fashion Shocker
I received a 15 % off gift card from Kohl's a couple of days ago. I have been wanting a new spring skirt. So, I thought, "Wonderful". With the deals that Kohl's gives out, I should be able to get a decent skirt within a decent price, right? Well, what a shock! I looked and looked and looked and looked. Finally, I decided to quit being a guy and, "ask for directions" to the skirts. When I was pointed in the direction and shown the skirt selections, it was a shock of your life. I didn't realize the fashion this season was to "try" and make every woman in every shape, size, form, or such into an any age cheerleader. Holy Cow!! I asked the clerk what happened to modesty this spring and she looked at me like I had lost my marbles. Yes, I did ask her that question and yes, she did look at me like I had lost it. I then went to Target in hopes. I should know better. It was even worse. And the swimsuits looked like thongs. I could have made a swimsuit cover up a skirt. But I think it would have been too noticeable. So, I thought, "maybe I missed something at Kohl's and I'm not looking in the right department". No- there wasn't anything- ZIP- Nothing! Then I took off to Sears. Well, that was a disappointment. Then I went to Macy's, Christopher & Banks (which is my favorite store- everyone knows that and they only had two to choose from - NO JOKE and they were ugly). Then others that were the tween sizes of 5, 7, and 9 , I might have been able to get my thigh into those. The deceiving part of those skirts were the labels were XL's were a size 9. I did find clothes for the boys, isn't that usually how it goes- you find stuff for everyone but you? I keep saying I need to learn how to sew, but when? And unless you hold my hand while following the directions, I would end up with a beautiful table cloth instead. So, for now girls, hold onto your modest skirts and if they are getting a little thread bare, well, I guess we can all start wearing burlap sacks. I'm sure they will be in season sometime in the future.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Four Years Ago...And turning to Homesteading
Yep, four years since blogging was in my priorities. It's amazing how life is like a book. One chapter begins and before you know it, it...
-
Yep, four years since blogging was in my priorities. It's amazing how life is like a book. One chapter begins and before you know it, it...
-
I received a 15 % off gift card from Kohl's a couple of days ago. I have been wanting a new spring skirt. So, I thought, "Wonderf...
-
A couple of days ago, I bought some shredded coleslaw to use in my salads as I am trying to eat healthier and loose some weight (always the ...
3 comments:
I know what you mean..especially trying to find modest clothes for a 4 year old girl..everyone wants to look like Hannah Montana or Britney spears I guess..I have found that JC Penney has some nice modest skirts if you are willing to try another place.
I found a decent skirt at Lands End. But blew the budget. I guess I'll wear it inside out for variety. ;)
Sono d'accordissimo. E` disgustoso non poter trovare cose decenti da mettersi per noi donne... bisogna sempre fare adattamenti e riaggiustare magliette ecc. Bryttnii infatti per la maggior parte ne indossa almeno due: una per nascondere quello che l'altra non puo`.
Post a Comment