I got busy inside the house on this rainy but grateful day for the rain. My garden is in. I got it done yesterday, the 8th. Now usually I would find every excuse except for doing laundry and dishes and go do something else. But today I really felt like putting on gloves (I don't like the feel of rubber gloves- I actually use medical latex-free gloves. I can deal with those) and pulled out the bleach, the spic-n-span (I guess they don't make it powder form anymore), and the windex. I lit a candle and turn on the radio. Between the hum of the dishwasher, the clothes washer, the dryer, and the radio, I got a pretty good dance workout.
I keep saying I want a bigger house, like the Tobin Farm that is for sale in Dudley. But I have problems keeping up with the one I have so I have to admit defeat and say that I have the right size house. I guess I just need to get rid of the junk. One of these day, Steven will come to find a huge haul-away dumpster in by our bulkhead door and stuff flying out of it into the dumpster. But for now I am just washing the fixtures and walls.
I have finished painting the boys' bath. I just need to do the touch-ups. I will not give myself full credit. Steven took down the light fixtures and such. Sherry Greenlees came over and balanced on the bathtub getting the upper wall and touching up where there were streaks. If it weren't for her, I would still be painting one wall per day.
So, onto cleaning the boys' bath and then mine. Then remaking the beds with fresh linens and blankets. Then, I will hit the piano/sitting/guest bedroom like a tornado and clean it up for Steven's Mom to come whenever she decides she wants to come in. At least it will be clean and I won't be frantic and having Steven and the boys laying low because I am one major stress ball. Because my mother- in-law is coming and the furniture isn't white glove clean. Actually, I don't have to worry on that but I think we women all feel that way when we have company coming. We want it to be, "perfect".
And yes, I have a piano/sitting/guest bedroom. It's really the formal livingroom. But have you ever really seen me as formal? Right now, the formal diningroom has been Steven's work room with a Burger King Star Trek display that someone gave him. No joke. The formal dining table has electric equipment that Steven has needed to work with the extra job he contracted with. He is finished with that contract and said this morning he would begin to clear it off. I think he's getting tired of standing up when he eats. And so there's the explanation-- no, we are not formal. But that's fine as it is almost summer and our deck is available for cookouts and picnics. Nothing like eating with the bees, birds, and mosquitos. But it is so fun to sit looking at the edge of the woods hearing the turkeys gobbling in the woods somewhere, watching our cat tease the dogs on their lawns that have the shock collars. O'Malley, the orange, thinks he rules the world. He will also climb up from the deck, to the grill, then from the top of the grill will take a huge leap and go sit up on the peak of the roof by the chimney and meow out of us to let us know he is well pleased with himself. Our neighbors take a double take thinking it is an owl and realize it is O'Malley.
Now back to being domestic. I need to go change shirts and get shoes on to go get the boys and eagerly await to hear their stories of their day especially at the fact it was "step-up" day for Jacob to go to his new school for 2nd and Michael to go to his new school for 5th next year. I am thrilled they only have 8 more days and don't have to go back to school until September 1st. This is going to be a great summer! Being domestic and all! Isn't motherhood/housewifing great?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Four Years Ago...And turning to Homesteading
Yep, four years since blogging was in my priorities. It's amazing how life is like a book. One chapter begins and before you know it, it...
-
Yep, four years since blogging was in my priorities. It's amazing how life is like a book. One chapter begins and before you know it, it...
-
I received a 15 % off gift card from Kohl's a couple of days ago. I have been wanting a new spring skirt. So, I thought, "Wonderf...
-
A couple of days ago, I bought some shredded coleslaw to use in my salads as I am trying to eat healthier and loose some weight (always the ...
2 comments:
Wow~you really got a lot done! Good for you!
Want to come to my house next??
wow..you have been busy! I know what you mean about wanting a bigger house, I always say that and then realize that I have 3 levels to deal with and then I say I need a smaller house!!
Post a Comment