I always know it is spring when I see the swans on the pond near my house. Near my house is a pond called, Mosquito Pond (nice name, huh?) I first spotted the swans' return on, Saturday, the 6th, as I was going to the grocery. I was so frustrated as I didn't have the camera with me. Saturday, the swans did this same pose but they actually came close together and made the heart shape with their heads and necks. This picture is from the Thursday, the 11th. I thought the swans were going to do the pose again of the heart. But they turned right as I got this shot (I'll take what I can get and keep trying 'til I get the pose I saw, Saturday). On Thursday, the 11th, the boys and I had been out running errands (they were out for in-service). As we were coming home, we passed the pond which is on the turn we take to get home. We squealed with delight and all insisted that we go get the camera and return to the pond to watch the swans. Michael and Jacob each took turns taking pictures (and trying to keep Jacob from falling in the pond- a repeat of when he was 3).
I haven't figured if the swans have a particular time and routine daily but will start setting certain times to see. I can go by the pond after I take Jacob to school and from school. I am eager as the weather gets warmer to getting more pictures.
Along with the swans on Thursday, were common mergansers but they were staying far away to the point even the telephoto lense wouldn't capture them. I think we even saw a common loon. We will keep watching to see.
Michael has found an interest to watching the birds in our backyard. So, it maybe a time to get a scope to get a better look. I'm hoping this interest will stay so we can do a hobby together. And hopefully, Jacob will come along as well. Plans this summer are to go birding at the sanctuaries. Is there a belt loop for birding?
More to come...
1 comment:
Great picture! I'm glad you finally "caught" them.
Post a Comment