I have found a great french onion soup recipe that I think solves my problems for going out and paying $$$ for it in a restaurant.
And it's done in a crockpot :)
I didn't come up with the recipe. It's from Taste of Home, my favorite recipes which have never let me down.
French Onion Soup
1 large sweet onion, thinly sliced (about 4 cups) - I used Vadalia Onions
1/4 cup butter, cubed
2 cans (14 1/2 oz. each) beef broth- I used beef stock
2 T sherry or additional beef broth - I used Sherry cooking wine
1/2 teaspoon pepper
4 slices French bread
4 slices provolone cheese
1- Place onion and butter in a 1 1/2 qt. slow cooker coated with cooking spray. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or union onion is tender. Stir in the broth, sherry and pepper. Cover and cook 2-3 hours longer or until heated through.
2- Ladle soup into oven proof bowls. Top each with a slice of toast and cheese. Broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Four Years Ago...And turning to Homesteading
Yep, four years since blogging was in my priorities. It's amazing how life is like a book. One chapter begins and before you know it, it...
-
Yep, four years since blogging was in my priorities. It's amazing how life is like a book. One chapter begins and before you know it, it...
-
I received a 15 % off gift card from Kohl's a couple of days ago. I have been wanting a new spring skirt. So, I thought, "Wonderf...
-
A couple of days ago, I bought some shredded coleslaw to use in my salads as I am trying to eat healthier and loose some weight (always the ...
2 comments:
Ymmy and Easy! My two favorite words ;-)
THANK YOU!!!!
Thanks for posting this! Sounds delicous. Can't wait to try it!!
Post a Comment